Negtiators for the MMSD, MTI and the Building Trades Unions met on Wednesday, May 9, to commence bargaining over base-wage increases.
Highlights of the bargain:
- While initially offering a 0.5% base-wage increase, the District offered a proposal to increase to a 1.26% base-wage increase.
- The District also offered a variation of their 1.26% proposal which would modify the structure of the salary schedule by distributing the 1.26% base-wage increase in such a fashion as to apply a lesser percentage to that portion of the schedule where less experienced educators are moving through the schedule steps and a greater percentage to that part of the schedule where more experienced educators do not receive annual step increases. MTI rejected that proposal.
- MTI continues to advocate for a 2.13% cost-of-living base-wage increase for all employees.
MTI Members and Allies are Encouraged to:
- Familiarize yourselves with the bargaining issues linked here.
- Email the BOE (email@example.com) to shrae your story and advocate for a cost-of-living base-wage increase.
- Wear red and attend the Regular Board of Education meeting on Monday, May 21, at 6:00pm, in the auditorium of the Doyle Building.