MTI is looking for four (4) motivated and outgoing MTI teacher* members to become part of our 2018 Wisconsin Education Summer Member Organizer Program.
- It is an 8 week campaign that begins the week of July 8 and ends the week of September 1.
- The entire campaign begins with a two day training in Milwaukee on July 10 and 11. Organizers must attend this entire training.
- During the campaign organizers will put in about 20 hours a week making connections with members and working to meet the goals that were set at the training.
- Organizers will connect with potential members, engage in membership conversations and help with organizing membership events.
- During the campaign there will be mandatory weekly check-ins where organizers will meet with the team leader (me) to reflect on progress and plan for next steps. These check-ins will be scheduled based on organizer availability.
- Organizers will also help organize and train other members in preparation for Welcome Back events and additional membership events.
- Organizers are compensated $600/week. This is the take home pay amount.
- This is an application and interview process. Applications are due by June 12th and organizers will be selected by June 15.
- Click here for a brochure with more information!
- Click here for the application!
Contact MTI President Andy Waity (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
*This program is partially funded by WEAC and the NEA and is, therefore, only open to MTI members in the teacher unit who are also members of WEAC and NEA.