One of the real joys this holiday season is the opportunity to say thank you.
Thank you to all MTI members for your hardwork and your dedication to MMSD students. MTI is successful because of YOU.As a member-led organization we advocate for MTI members and students in order to advance quality public education. We appreciate all that you do for students and for the goodwill of our organization.
We hope you are excited for some well-deserved time away from school.
As a friendly (and happy) reminder: WinterBreak for school year employees lasts from Monday, December 24 though Friday, January 4, 2019.
MTI is dedicated to ensuring members (both school year and 12-month employees) have vacation, holiday, and floating time to enjoy the holiday season. As we ring in the New Year we would also like to share the 2019-2020 School Calendar.
Highlights of the School Calendar 2019-20
- We have retained a 2-week winter break;
- There will continue to be 6 Staff Only days throughout the year;
- Together, we secured a 1-week spring break;
- New Teacher days will be August 21-23, followed by the Staff Learning/Prep days August 26-29, and the Voluntary day on August 30;
- The student year will begin the day after Labor Day, September 3, 2019 and end on June 10, 2020, with the last Staff Only day on June 11, 2020;
- Parent-teacher conferences for middle and high schools will be held during the third and fourth full weeks of November, and the comp day will continue to be the day before Thanksgiving (November 28 is Thanksgiving); and
- Teachers will have an additional day off on February 28, 2020.
Thank you for continuing to stand together in solidarity on important issues that impact your profession. Feel free to contact MTI’s calendar committee members or the MTI office should you have any questions about the upcoming year.
May you soar into 2019 filled with health, happiness and prosperity!
Solidarity &Happy Holidays from all of us at MTI.