Next New Professional Support Night
Seven Mistakes People Make With Their Money and Budgeting Basics
Making wise financial choices early in your career can have a significant impact on your future financial security and give you peace of mind.
33 Nob Hill Rd
4:15 – 6:00
Your MTI family is hosting a series of evenings to welcome and support you in your transition into the profession. Stay informed. Connect with other teachers. Get support with questions and needs. These events are open to members and non-members. BONUS – attend 3 or more and get a $25 reward! Limited to participants in 1-3 years in MMSD. SIGN UP HERE. Food provided.
You will learn:
- The benefits of a written budget and how to create a working budget.
- To evaluate your income and read your pay stub.
- How to categorize and reduce your expenses.
- Tips for managing your debt.
- Why saving for your future is necessary and possible even now.
- Find out how to avoid the seven most common financial mistakes.
- Recognize the value of employee benefits and how to use them.
- Find out the advantages of different savings options.
- Learn how paying yourself first can improve your financial future.
- Discover resources available to help you make sound financial decisions.
FUTURE DATES AND TOPICS:
Feb. 7 – Taxes for Teachers
Mar. 7 – Teacher Surplus and Loan Forgiveness
April 11 – Your ETF and Other Savings Available to You