Madison Teachers Inc. (MTI) is a member driven Union consisting of Teachers, Educational Professionals, Special Education Assistants, Substitute Teachers, Supportive Educational Employees (Clerical and Technical) and School Security Assistants who are employed by the Madison Metropolitan School District.
Our bargaining groups
We are a member led union advocating to advance quality public education for all.
What membership means:
- A voice for your profession, your students, and public education.
- A voice in your pay, benefits, and working conditions.
- An investment in your financial well-being.
- Legal support.
- Support and representation from professional staff.
The latest news
Members Voted and Approved an 8% Cost of Living Adjustment
Members Voted and Approved an 8% Cost of Living AdjustmentRead more...
OPEIU Support Statement
OPEIU Support StatementRead more...
Our Priorities for the Next MMSD Superintendent
Our Priorities for the Next MMSD SuperintendentRead more...
“As an MTI member, I receive the support and advocacy I need to give me peace of mind and allow me to focus on what's really important to me: my students.”
- Angela, 5th grade teacher