Our Priorities for the Next MMSD SuperintendentNews Uncategorized April 18th, 2023
Our Priorities for the Next Superintendent of MMSD Schools
On Monday, April 17 the Madison School Board met in open session to discuss the Interim Superintendent of Madison’s Schools. The Madison School Board approved Lisa Kvistad’s contract on a 7-0 vote Monday. She will begin working for the District on June 12, with a contract that runs through June 30, 2024.
Superintendent Carlton Jenkins will retire effective July 28, just under three years after he took the position in August 2020.
As your Union, our priorities will be focused on our kids, our staff, and our community. Whomever is Superintendent, whether interim or permanent, they will know that we demand healing, transparency, and a voice in how our education community moves forward.
We are hopeful that the next person in charge will meet and exceed our expectations by:
- Providing clear, proactive communication to staff
- Prioritizing school buildings over Central office
- Connecting all departments with schools
- Directing the management of Human Resources
- Supporting all administrators working with MTI
- Be present in our schools and the Madison community
- Dedicating improvements to employee retention and understaffed schools