JOIN MTI in Celebrating
Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action
Jan. 31-Feb. 4
February BLM Principles Center: Unapologetically Black
February is African American History Month
● BLM at School Week of Action- Jan 31-Feb 4
● National African American Parent Involvement Day is February 8
● Unapologetically Black Day Feb. 18 –Audre Lorde/Toni Morrison Birthday
- MTI FEBRUARY lesson planning resources
- National BLM at School site
- Learning for Justice lesson planning
- Zinn Education Project
“Teachers are the number one in-school influence on student achievement.”
LPI Teacher Turn Over: Why it Matters and What We Can Do About It, 2017.
” Being part of this series has impacted my instruction in an amazing way. I have deeper relationships with students and families. My classroom is more inclusive and I have the same high standards for all kids. Students are sharing more. Learning is increasing and school is more fun for me and my students. It is a ton of work. And I am validated with every positive parent message, student hug, thank you note, and when they cheer as they achieve a new academic hurdle. I am making a difference with myself and a lot of people who have felt less acknowledged in other environments.”
What is MTI CENTRS?
- MTI-CENTRS believes that teachers matter, therefore teacher retention matters. At MTI, we recognize our pivotal role as a support for our members as employees, as well as professionals. The project offers ongoing support for members and attempts to increase teacher retention by addressing teacher satisfaction, efficacy, and success. MTI CENTRS is funded through an NEA Great Public Schools Grant.
What are the goals of MTI CENTRS?
By focusing on induction and support systems, it is predicted that more teachers will experience success and stay in the profession.
- Developing teacher-centered induction programs – MTI CENTRS offers a series of professional development opportunities to strengthen teachers’ abilities to deliver instruction through a racially equitable lens. The MTI CENTRS Solidarity for Social and Racial Justice Series.
- In 2021-22 SY MTI will continue to support MTI CENTRS’ Black Lives Matter Year of Action by providing socially and racially just lesson planning resources centering the13 principles of the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- Also in 2021-22 SY, MTI CENTRS, through an MMSD Big Idea Grant, will collaborate with our community partners at Nehemiah to support fall and winter cohort participation in the Justified Anger: Black History for a New Day Course.
- The Work of MTI-CENTRS
- MTI-CENTRS Social and Racial Justice Strategy
- Black Lives Matter – Year of Purpose & Action (continuing 21-22 SY)
- Black Lives Matter at School
- LFJ Social Justice Standards
For more information, please contact Kerry Motoviloff at email@example.com
Find out how to participate below!
CHECK OUT THESE AMAZING RESOURCES