The purposes of this organization include:
- Advocating for equality and social, political, and economic justice for all.
- Educating the greater community about the accomplishment of MTI, MTI Members, and Madison Schools (its graduates and its progressive/innovative programs and achievements).
- Attracting new Union Members and assisting the Union in providing professional support to them.
- Working with active MTI Union Members to promote social, professional, intellectual, and economic growth opportunities for school personnel, past and present, within thelocal community, district, and state.
- Collaborating and dialoguing with teacher retirees and public education advocacy groups in the area and around the state to strengthen, respect, and support public education, the teaching profession, and teacher unions.
- Encouraging members to register and vote, to exercise and perform their rightful part in the political life of local, state and national communities.
MTI-Retired Board of Directors